Monday, September 1, 2014

Asian Noodles w/ Curry, Crab Won Tons!

My husband said this tasted like Pad Thai, he's a cuddly little thing, but this taste nothing like Pad Thai.  I called it Asian Noodles because I don't know what in the deuce to call it.  But I also made some curry, crab won tons and they were pretty delicious, too.

1/2 cup oyster sauce
2 TSB soy sauce
4 TSB brown sugar
2 TSB rice vinegar
2 tsp molasses
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder (fresh if you have it, I didn't)
2 TBS sweet chili sauce
3 eggs
2-3 TBS sesame oil
4 chicken breaks, cut into bite sized pieces, rather thin
package of rice noodles, follow instructions on package.

Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
Season chicken with salt, pepper (I'm not gonna lie, I usually add some cayenne pepper and/or garlic here, too.  I just can't help myself.)
Wait, make the eggs first, scramble them in the wok w some butter and set aside.
Anyways, heat about 1 TBS of sesame oil in the wok on high heat.  Add chicken and stir fry until browned and no longer pink, set aside.
Heat another TBS or so of sesame oil in the wok and add drained rice noodles, stir fry for about 30 seconds to a minute then add sauce and cook until well combined and noodles have a little brown to them.  Add chicken and egg.

For the wantons I only needed to make about 8 for Christopher and I so I am guessing at the measurements.  About 1/4 cup of cream cheese, softened.  about 2 TBS of chopped crab meat, few green onion slices, few splashes of soy sauce and a generous sprinkle of curry powder.  Wrap in a won ton wrapper and fry until brown.

No comments: