Sunday, July 5, 2020

Another Baby Shower!

One of my best friends is having her 2nd child, another little girl, and we couldn't be more excited.  I pressed her into another shower because her first daughter is 4 now and she needed a few things.  It was rather low key, just close friends, but we had a wonderful time.  The new thing now is "couples" baby showers or diaper parties, where we include the men.  I will say, I've done a lot of baby showers here in the last few years and I think that works best for everyone. You do have to buy some beer and tailor it a bit to the guys, but everyone has fun together. 

The photos leave a little to be desired, but I was a tad bit rushed.  I work best under pressure. 

The menu:
Mini Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Mini Meatball Subs
Italian Spirals (see previous post)
Cheesy, Bacon Potatoes
Bean Dip (Made previously)
Ranch Dressing (I didn't measure, just figure it out)
Carrot Ooey Gooey Cookies
Lemon Ooey Gooey Cookies
Brownie Trifle
Broccoli and Carrots were served with the Ranch. 


Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

7 large, BLSL chicken breast
Bottle of Franks Wing Sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
1 TBS of Garlic Powder

Boil the chicken until cooked through.
Cool chicken, it's best if you can do this the night before, but I'm always racing against the clock so I have 2nd degree burns on my thumps. 
Shred into a crock pot, add your hot sauce and roll.  On the side I served, ranch , Mozzarella cheese and lettuce.  Lemme tell ya, the ranch went well before the lettuce with a bunch of guys!

 Mini Meatball Subs:

1 package of regular meat balls, I don't like the Italian ones. (about 40 meatballs)
I put them in the crock pot add whatever spaghetti sauce you use (see recipe for spicy spaghetti)
Start that in the AM.  Needs to be on high for about 4 hours or low for 6.
I served this with Mozzarella cheese, too!
That's half eaten in the crock pot.  I almost made 2 bags, but 40 seemed to be perfect for the amount of people I had.  2-3 meatballs per sub. 

I bought the mini sub rolls at the bakery at Walmart and it worked perfectly!






Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies:

1 Stick of butter, melted
1 block of cream cheese, softened
Splash of extract
1 Egg
1 cake mix

No comments: