Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grilled Chix Teriyaki and Fried Rice

So I kinda made something similar to this w/ the previous pork chop post, however, I did not have enough soy sauce and so I improvised! You like that?!? Just on a Wim? :)

Chicken
1 Bottle of cheap Teriyaki Marinade
1 Tiny can of Crushed Pineapple
2-4 TBS of Brown Sugar
Chicken (of course!)

Fried Rice
3 Cups of Cooked Jasmine Rice
Soy Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cayenne
Butter
3 Eggs
A lil Veg Oil

Combine pineapple, teriyaki, and brown sugar. Heat on low until bubbles. Grill chicken, however you grill it, about 10 minutes before it's done start basting w/ new and improved teriyaki sauce. Take off grill and pour the remaining sauce on top of the chicken. Make the Rice yo!

Rice:
Heat butter and scramble eggs, set aside.
Heat a few TBS of veg oil and then dump in the rice, movin around a big to brown. Add spices, soy sauce and sesame seeds (yeah, I forgot sesame seeds and I'm not scrolling back up to add them.) Shimmy shake it all around until brown.

Corn:
Shuck corn and smear w/ butter. Shake some Creole or Cajun seasoning . Roll up in Tin Foil and throw it on the grill.

Husband rated the Chicken 5, Rice 4....dinner overall 4. (altho, I feel the average should have been 4.5. Ya know, but whatever.) Everything I dropped the dogs ate up like they hadn't eaten in days. I guess thats not really a compliment seeing how they eat their own poop. Whatever, stop bursting my bubble!!

No comments: