Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Side- Chinese Noodles


So tonight wasn't as successful as yesterday. Good, not great. I made Potstickers that I bought frozen from Bj's and those were delicious, however, my Chinese Noodles left a little to be desired. They were a good start, but need a lot of work.

I used ramen noodles because the chinese noodles at my store were like $4 and that defeated the whole "save money" thing so I opted to borrow ramen's noodles! :)

3 packs ramen noodles, discard flavor pack
1 packet of stir fry dry seasoning (follow directions, sugar, soy, water)
1/2 cup broccoli
2 eggs

After I boiled the noodles I heated up the pot again and stir fried the broccoli in a tid bit of oil.
Added the noodles, stir fry sauce and scrambled eggs.
Eh, it was ok. Christopher ate all of it that I put on his plate (except the broccoli) but I didn't think it was all that good. The flavor was pretty good, but the noodles went soggy on me too soon. BUT, I should have known that would go down all sogged-like. So in the future I will spring for the real Chinese noodles!

No comments: