Sunday, July 20, 2014

BuFfAlo ChIcKeN SaNdWiChEs

This is one of my husband's favorite meals.  I double the recipe if we have company over.  They are always finished.

4 sub rolls
4 BLSL chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 to 1/2 hot sauce (I use Lousianna or Franks) 
Couple Squirts of Ranch dressing
4 slices of provolone cheese
5 TBS butter

Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season w salt and pepper.  Just a little salt, ur hot sauce will do most of that. 

Heat 2 TBS of butter in a skillet on high, add garlic and stir, add chicken and brown for just a few minutes.  I like to get a little crisp on the outside of the chicken.  

Turn heat down to low, add onion powder and parsley flakes.  Add hot sauce.  I dont measure, so I put enough to coat the chicken completely with a little left over.  Put a lid on it and let it go for about 10-15 minutes until chicken is done. 

Meanwhile, heat griddle to 350.  Split rolls in, not completely in half.  Melt butter on griddle and smear bread inside down onto the butter, allow to toast for just a few minutes, until it starts to brown.  Don't skip this step!  I know it doesnt seem important, but it makes all the difference.  If you don't have a griddle or just feel lazy at least toast them in the oven for goodness sakes!  

Once you remove the bread from the griddle place cheese inside and allow to start melting.  Spoon chicken into sandwiches and top with ranch dressing. 

Deliciousness! 

For my ranch, my Aunt Leticia taught me to mix 1 cup of mayo, 1 cup of whole milk and one of those ranch packets and refridgerate over night.  If I need it the same day I put it in the blender for a few minutes and add to the freezer for about 20 minutes and then back to the fridge until I need it.  That just helps to thicken the sauce.  



No comments: