Tuesday, August 5, 2014

BBQ Bacon Chicken!

Chicken, BBQ and Bacon...does it get any better?  I normally would have grilled the chicken in this recipe, however, my grill is in pieces and at the county dump right now so I had no other option.  RIP grill, you will be missed until I get another one and then I'll trash talk about how you didnt evenly distribute heat anyways and I'm glad you're gone.  Until then, break out the skillets!  

5 BLSL chicken breast
2 TBSP butter 
2 cups BBQ sauce (use whatever we are gonna put a bunch of stuff in it anyways)
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP honey 
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
10 slices of cooked bacon
5 slices of cheese (I used Colby, but use whatever you have in the fridge) 

Season chicken with salt and pepper while melting butter in a skillet.  
Once butter and skillet are hot, hot, hot, lay the chicken in the skillet and just allow to brown for about 30 secs to one min on each side.  
Reduce heat to medium-low and add BBQ sauce, sugar, honey and spices.  Stir together and allow to simmer for about 25 minutes or until the dishwasher is unloaded.  Just be sure the chicken is cooked all the way. 
Once chicken is cook thru, top with 2 pieces of bacon and then the cheese, return the lid to the pot and cook until cheese is melted and serve.  

I really like this, my husband does, too, he just doesn't know it.  If you aren't into spicy cut out the cayenne and red pepper flakes.  We like to endure pain while we eat.  Do what feels right.  

No comments: