Follow by Email

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Onion Pasta

This is an easy, quick pasta meal.  It takes less than 30 minutes and my picky husband really liked it.  I'm not a big fan of this left over, so eat it all or throw it away.  Or you could choke it down at work the next day and dream about a burger.  Whatever tickles your fancy.

1 tub of onion and chive cream cheese
1 tsb of garlic
dash of cayenne pepper
1 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces 
salt and pepper
2 tbs butter
Whatever pasta you want.  I made cork screw cuz it looked fun

Heat butter in a skillet on high and saute chicken until just browned on the outside.  Chicken doesn't have to be done, you just want a little color on it.  
Turn the heat down to med low and add cream cheese, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper.  
Stir on low to melt and put a lid on it and allow chicken to finish cooking.  
Spoon over cooked pasta.  

For the bread I just used regular crescent rolls.  I bake them according to the package directions and about the last 5 minutes of baking I melt 1/2 stick of butter with a lot of garlic powder and parsley.  And by a lot,  I mean probably a solid tablespoon or more.  pour over the bread and bake another 5 minutes or so.  Sprinkle w Parmesan cheese. 

No comments: