Saturday, August 30, 2014

Onion Pasta

This is an easy, quick pasta meal.  It takes less than 30 minutes and my picky husband really liked it.  I'm not a big fan of this left over, so eat it all or throw it away.  Or you could choke it down at work the next day and dream about a burger.  Whatever tickles your fancy.

1 tub of onion and chive cream cheese
1 tsb of garlic
dash of cayenne pepper
1 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces 
salt and pepper
2 tbs butter
Whatever pasta you want.  I made cork screw cuz it looked fun

Heat butter in a skillet on high and saute chicken until just browned on the outside.  Chicken doesn't have to be done, you just want a little color on it.  
Turn the heat down to med low and add cream cheese, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper.  
Stir on low to melt and put a lid on it and allow chicken to finish cooking.  
Spoon over cooked pasta.  

For the bread I just used regular crescent rolls.  I bake them according to the package directions and about the last 5 minutes of baking I melt 1/2 stick of butter with a lot of garlic powder and parsley.  And by a lot,  I mean probably a solid tablespoon or more.  pour over the bread and bake another 5 minutes or so.  Sprinkle w Parmesan cheese. 

No comments: