Saturday, August 30, 2014

Meatball Subs

I think I have made you meatball subs before.  I made baby buffalo chicken sandwiches for Amanda and Michael's Burfday party at my house and I had half a pack of the Hawaiian sweet rolls left over so I made baby meatball subs to use them up.

20 frozen meatballs (not Italian)
1 1/2 cup ketchup
3 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
Whatever bread you wanna use
butter
cheese (I like mozzarella)
bread and butter pickles

Preheat pan to med heat and add meatballs. Cook a few minutes to defrost and brown a bit.

Add Worcestershire sauce and allow to reduce just a tad, not too long.  Add ketchup, garlic and onion powder and brown sugar and stir to combine.

Put it on low, put a lid on it and let it roll for about 20 minutes to heat the meatballs thru.  Stir it occasionally.

On your griddle (if you don't have one, stop what you're doing and go buy one right now..I'll wait......)

You're back, great.  Heat griddle to 350 and brush with a stick of butter, just enough to cover the griddle.  put the buns inside down into the butter and allow to crisp up and soak up the butter.  Remove when just starting to brown.

Add meatballs to the sub rolls, top with cheese and pickles if you so desire.

This is one of my favorite meals.  Kid friendly, too.  Actually, most of my recipes are because I'm a picky kid eater.  It's cool, it's how I roll.

No comments: