Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baked Potato Skins


I got the idea for this from a recipe that I found on Allrecipes. Anyways just a few changes, but I don't remember which recipe I used. Anywho, as always the amounts of each ingredient are approximated.


2 big baking potatoes

6 strips of bacon (more or less..whatever)

1/2 cup of cheese

dash of cayenne

dash of garlic

salt and pepper

1/2 veggie oil

sour cream for dipping

Preheat to 400 degrees. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake them for about a hour.

When potatoes are cool cut them in half lenghwise, scoop out the flesh, and then each half into 3rds (You'll get 6 wedges per potato)

Brush wedges w/ veggie oil and sprinkle w/ cayenne, garlic, salt and pepper on both sides.

Bake the wedges flesh side up for about 10-15 minutes on 375 until they start to crisp up and brown a little.

add cheese and bacon and return to oven until cheese is melted

top w/ sour cream.

1 comment:

Lissaloo said...

Yum, my son loves tater skins :) These look good, they are making me hungry! lol :)