Sunday, November 15, 2015

Chicken Marsala

Well hello!  So this didn't turn out exactly how I planned, but it was still pretty good.  I will probably make some changes next time.  The sauce wasn't as brown and I felt it should have been and it didn't thicken as well either.  I had to add a little corn starch. 

5 thin chicken cutlets
2/3 cup of flour
Salt and Pepper
3 TBS Olive Oil
5 TBS butter
1/2 shallot, minced                                                           This is what I
5 cloves of garlic, minced                                                 mean when I
1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms                                            say "minced"
1/2 cup of Marsala
1/4 cup of Sherry
2 cups of chicken stock
1/4 cup of half and half
Sprinkle of Parsley
 Hot cooked pasta

The chicken I used was already very thin, but if you buy regular chicken then just slice in half, lengthwise, and pound the hell out of it until its about 1/4 inch thick.  Or, be lazy and buy it already like that.

Heat heavy pan on med high

Trim chicken and season with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.  Shake off any excess.

Add 2 TBS of butter and 1 TBS of olive oil.  Add chicken in batches, don't over crowd.  Cook a few minutes on each side until cooked through.  Set aside on paper towed lined plate.

Once all chicken is done, add another TBS of butter and the mushrooms.  Cook 1-2 mins until they start to brown, add the shallots and garlic.  Cook about 2 more minutes. 

Deglaze with Marsala and Sherry and allow to cook until reduced by almost half.

Add the chicken broth to the mix and turn down to med low heat.  Add chicken back in for a few minutes to heat through. 

Add about 1/4 cup of half and half and stir.  Top with parsley and serve over hot cooked pasta.

I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I sprinkled a little cayenne pepper on top.  That's how I roll. 

No comments: