Monday, November 9, 2015

Lazy Beef Stroganoff

S
Good evening!  Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite meals, however, I'm lazy.  And tired, and busy and and and...u get the idea. 


1 package of thin sliced beef (I used the precut stir fry beef in the meat section) Sliced into 3 strips.  You need it very thin, we don't have all day here
1 Large jar of beef gravy (I know, I'm going to culinary hell)
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp parsley
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
1 cup of light sour cream
Package of hot cooked egg noodles (I used whole wheat)

Heat heavy pan on high heat and add olive oil
Add beef to the pan and fry on high heat for a min or so, just to brown a bit.  Season with salt and pepper.  I like a lot of pepper, but go easy on the salt.  The gravy will be salty enough.  Process demons trying to kill us with sodium intake. 
It released a lot of juice so I put a lid on it and allowed it to cook for about 10 minutes until most of it was absorbed.  Remove lid and add Worcestershire sauce, stir to combine.
Add remaining spices and jar of beef gravy.  Reduce to med heat and put a lid on it.  I let it simmer for about 20 minutes or so and unloaded the dishwasher.  Unloading of the dishwasher is optional. 
When your just about ready to serve add the sour cream.  Stir to combine and allow to heat through, make sure it's on low so it doesn't start to curdle.
Serve on top of your egg noodles in your most presentable Rubbermaid container. 

Before you think I'm total white trash, feeding my family out of Rubbermaid containers, I forgot to take a photo until I was packing up for lunches the next day.  Don't be so judgy!   

No comments: