Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cheeseburger Slop

I was rather tired, annoyed and not in the mood to think.  I also kinda wanted a burger, but was too lazy to fire up the grill so I threw this "slop" together.  I joke because my husband said it was one of the best dinners I'd made in a long time.  So here is where you have to choose to accept the compliment and say thank you, or be a bitch (wtf are you talking about, I just made ur favorite dinner last night). 

Well I stuttered for a moment and then went with a gargled Thanks. 

How it is it that a compliment can also be a gab?  I think it's because I'm a woman.  Anyways, you don't want to hear me ramble about, here's how I made it:







Small bag of yellow potatoes (the tiny baby kind) washed and sliced into quarters.
(If you feel real lazy, use 4 cups of southern hash browns)
Olive oil
Cajun seasoning
1 LB of ground beef
1 TSB Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp steak seasoning (I use Penzeys Montreal)
Liberal dashes of Cayenne Pepper.  We like spicy, adjust to ur taste
Salt and Pepper
1 cup of Ketchup
1/4-1/2 cup of regular yellow mustard
3/4 cup of cheese (estimate)
Serve with extra ketchup, mustard and pickles

Preheat to 400 degrees.
Mix potatoes with olive oil, arrange in a single layer in a deep 13x9 in basking dish.  Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, about 1/2 tsp or so.  Throw it in the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef (I use lean, so there isn't any fat)
Add Worcestershire sauce and spices.  Sitr to combine. 
Reduce heat and add ketchup and mustard.  Taste and add mustard as needed. 
Remove potatoes and loosen from the bottom with a spatula, but keep in a single layer.
Pour ground beef mixture on top of potatoes and top with cheese. The cheese is not the star, don't over do it.  Just a little cheese. 
Serve with ketchup, mustard and pickles. 
Add bacon, it would be delicious, but I didn't have any. 

It was rather delicious, if I do say so myself.

No comments: