Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BBQ Pork....turned into BBQ Nachos



















Ok so I would love to lie to you and tell you that I made this 7 lbs pork shoulder blade for other reasons such as sandwich's and such...but I didn't. I made it for the sole purpose of making BBQ nachos. During football season we are the proud owners of Jag's season tickets (even tho im a Giants fan, but whatever...we live in Florida and Christopher likes the Jags, whatev) So anyways, back on subject, we go to the home games every sunday and at half time Christopher gets a slaw dog and I get some BBQ nachos. Well football season's over and I have been craving them. Lemme tell ya these nachos make the ones at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium look like shizzle! Even Christopher said they were better. Ok..follow me and I will take u on the journey of making BBQ nachos!!


First let's make the meat:

4-7 lb pork shoulder (i accidently got shoulder blade)

Mccormick BBQ Pork seasoning packet.


follow the directions on the back of the packet. and let it simmer for hours and fall apart!


Next: Cheese Sauce
1 TBS Butter
1TBS Flour
1 Cup Milk
3/4 cup of diced velvetta
dash cayenne (more or less to ur liking)
dash garlic powder
melt butter in a saucepan. add flour and stir for about a minute or two to let the flour cook a little.
whisk in milk slowly. Let is heat up a little and add cheese, cayenne and garlic powder.
stir until cheese melts and remove from heat. ( put the leftovers in a jar in my fridge)
Now the Chips
Go to the store and buy some. hehehe U didn't think I was THAT motiviated did you??
Assemble the Yumminess
place chips on a plate
top w/ pork
drizzle about 1/4 cup of ur fav BBQ Sauce on top of pork
smother w/ cheese!
I could literally eat this every day.




No comments: