Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sweet, Spicy, Sticky Chicken


This is a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com Instead of hot sauce I used Sweet Thai Chile Sauce, which is delicious. I also shook the chicken in flour before throwin it in the veggie oil. It was good, but I like more of a sauce and this was more......well sticky! I guess I should have figured that out by the title--right? This did not make good left overs. Just an FYI.

1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.

2 comments:

L.B. said...

I have to say, this looks good despite your not-so-thrilling review. I might have to try it and get back to you. I'll make sure to eat it all, though, so there won't be any leftovers.

Crystal said...

My fiance liked it. It wasn't bad, but it was not good left over for sure!