Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beef Stuffed Shells

I know..whats w/ the shells lately?  Well I bought them and I still had some left over and I had so much fun w/ the other that I went for round two...sue me.

1/2 lb of ground beef
1 - 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
onion powder
garlic powder
fresh chopped parsley (this is important)
spaghetti sauce (see hot spaghetti recipe)
parm cheese
2 cups of mozz cheese
12 jump shells, partially cooked and drained.

Brown ground beef over medium heat, add onion and garlic powder and real parsley.
Transfer to a bowl and add ricotta cheese, sprinkle w/ parm and about 2/3 cup of mozz cheese.  I kinda eyeballed it until I had a creamy, but not overly cheesy consistency. 
Line a pan w/ a little sauce of then lay shells on top.  Top w/ remaining sauce and then top w/ a ton of mozz cheese.  Cheese is more of a star in this recipe so be liberal. 
Bake for about 20-30 mins @ 350.  Or until cheese is melty and a little brown. 

I don't normally give a quantity for the spices because I like things really onioney and garlicey but I hate biting an onion and I hate chopping garlic.  I know, I know...but whatever.  I'm trying ok I had to chop the damn parsley. 

No comments: