Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mega Breakfast 9/16/12

Thats right, you read it right.  Mega Breakfast!  I absolutely love love love making mega breakfast for my friends.  The guest list included Allison, Brett, their baby, Ella Lou, Matthew, Melody and of corse my husband and I.  I did the basic spread that I normally throw out, but instead of pancakes I made French Toast Casserole.  It was a big hit and I was very proud of myself. 

We have a lot of food so the following recipe was halved and shown to the left. 

1 loaf of french bread, cubed
8 eggs, beaten
3 c milk (I did half heavy cream)
4 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 block of cream cheese, soft

topping:
2 TBS butter
3 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Syrup and powered sugar

Butter the mess out of a 9x9 in square, glass baking pan.  (again remember the above recipe was cut in HALF)
Lay half of the bread in the bottom trying to make an even layer.
Cut cream cheese into small cubes and dot over the bread. (I dig cream cheese, do I had a lot of tiny spots)
Top w/ remaining bread
Beat eggs, milk (heavy cream) brown sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and pour over bread making sure to soak it all. 
I then sprinkled brown sugar and cinnamon on top and dotted w/ butter.  Cover and sit over night.
Take out of fridge about 1 hour prior to baking.
Bake 350 for 45-50 mins or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Sprinlkle w/ powdered sugar and serve w/ syrup.  This is like Cake!!  And who doesn't love cake?!?!? 


Here is the table set.  I like for everything to be on the table.  Feels like a country fall day...why?  I don't know stop asking me dumb questions.  Eggs, hashbrown casserole, brown sugar grilled ham, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and french toast casserole. 

No comments: