Sunday, September 30, 2012

Marinade, London Broil

This recipe is bitter sweet because the flavor of the meat was delicious, but the meat was not so much.  I think I over cooked it, actually, I know I over cooked it, but it was a little fattier than I thought it would be.

You live, you learn. 

1/2 cup vinegar (I used white, distilled)
Juice of one lime (get out the little juicer thing, you want all that juice!)
1 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS white sugar
1 TBS of Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS ketchup
1 Tsp garlic powder
Sprinkle of Garam Masala (about 1/2 tsp..maybe?)
London Broil

Mix it all together in a bag and add meat.  Marinade overnight.
Preheat to 400 degrees for about 10 mins a side.  You are gonna have to check it because I over cooked the meat terribly.  It was still okay, but there was a lot of fat inside the meat.  Maybe I did something wrong, but either way I wasn't a big fan of the meat itself.  I ended up cutting it up and stuffing it in a tortilla w/ a little sour cream and a dash of lime juice!  I am a huge fan of limes and their juice! 

Roasted Sweet Sweet Potatoes
1 large sweet potato
brown sugar
honey
melted butter, about 1/4 stick

Peel sweet potatoes and cut into long thin strips or baby chunks.  I wasn't gonna be baking them all night so I made them pretty thin. Lay flat into a baking dish.
Pour over melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar.  I used about a 1/4 cup.  I lied, I probably used more.  I don't know why I lied.
Drizzle with as much honey as you'd like.  I honestly have no clue how much honey I used. 
Bake 400 for about 20 mins or until tender.


Guess I wasn't in the photographing mood because I do not see the pic's of these two.

No comments: