Sunday, September 30, 2012

Meatball Not So Strouganoff

8-10 Meatballs (see standard recipe)
3 TBS white wine (again, using the cheap moscato)
1/2 c heavy cream
1 cup 2% milk
fresh parsley, about a TBS
garlic powder, about a TBS
onion powder, abut tsp
1/4 c parm cheese

Brown meatballs on low until done all the way thru, remove and keep warm.
Remove most of the great w/ a paper towel and then add wine and parsley, cook until reduces by half.
slowly add milk and cream, allow to simmer about 10 mins and add remaining spices and cheese.  Add parm cheese and serve over egg noodles.  I used whole wheat egg noodles cuz thats how we roll.

I called it "not so strouganoff" because it reminds me of it, but not all at the same time.  Make sense?  Yeah, me too.  Christopher gave it a 4.5 which surprised me because he's not much of a fan of this kind of stuff.  That or he was starving...I guess we'll never know. 

No comments: