Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chicken Pot no Pie!

I love some chicken pot pie, but this way just saves me a little time.  Altho, my husband was being an extra pain in the ass than normal this evening, he might disagree.  He's all complaining he's hungry and asking how much longer.  When the slops on a plate it's done, okay??

4 BLSL chix breats, cut into pieces
2 cups of O'brien potatoes, frozen
1/2 cups and carrots (total not of each), frozen
1 jar of chicken or turkey gravy, the little one
2 TBSP of butter
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley flakes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp onion powder
Dash of white wine
water
salt and pepper to taste

For the "Pie Part"
1 can of Grands flaky biscuits
4 TBS butter
3/4 tsb of garlic powder
1/2 tsb of parsley flakes

Preheat to 400 degrees
Melt butter in a skillet, add garlic.  I use a garlic press because I hate my hands smelling like garlic, judge me if you want, but I am no Rachel Ray.
After letting the garlic cook for a minute or 2 add the chicken on high heat to brown for just a few minutes.  Add salt, pepper, thyme, garlic and parsley.  Add the dash of white wine now.  I buy those little baby bottles of wine and keep in the fridge to cook with.  I think I used Chardonnay this go around.  Wine doesn't last in this house so I buy these baby bottles specifically for cooking.
Add potatoes and stir to coat w butter and spices.  Add peas and carrots
Add gravy to the mix.  Fill the jar w about 1/3 cup of water and add.
Turn down the heat and simmer about 25 minutes, covered.  Stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cut biscuits into quarters and throw in a bowl.
Melt butter, garlic and parsley in the microwave until butter is melted.
Pour butter mixture over biscuit and stir to coat.  I tried to go in "hands on" and that mess what hot!  Stir w a spoon until its not like sticking ur hand in lava coated biscuit pieces.  U'll thank me later.
Bake about 10 minutes until browned.  Serve over Chicken mixture.

I love this stuff.  My hubs wasn't as big a fan.  He ate the entire giant plate I made him, but said it was "aight".  Ass.

You can add more peas and carrots (or corn) if you'd like.  I add just enough to say we actually had a veggie at dinner.  It's all about food politics, shame really.

No comments: