Monday, June 23, 2014

Mexican Pizza and Rice

We are still eating left overs incognito.  I am happy to announce that I used all the left overs and we will be moving onto another genre of food.  Thank God.  Nonetheless, it was delicious

You will need:
3 Pack of those cheapo pizza crusts, already made
3 Heaping TBS pizza sauce
Left over taco meat
1 1/2 cups of left over shredded cheese (the Mexican stuff is amazing)
left over corn, about 1/4 cup
1 TBS chopped pickled jalapenos
Sprinkle of lettuce
Sour Cream dollops

I brushed the crusts with olive oil and preheated to 425.
I toasted the pizzas for about 3 minutes so the bottom wouldn't be soggy from the pizza sauce.
Next, add one heaping TBS of pizza sauce onto each pizza.
Top with meat, jalapenos (add beans, tomatoes, olives, or whatever you had left over) Top generously with cheese.
I like the cheese on top of the toppings because I feel that it holds everything together better.  Plus its like a little pizza surprise.  Is there corn? I don't know, bite it and see.
Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is browned and the bottoms are crisp.

We also had a bowl of that yellow rice bag mix that was bland and blah.
I had about 2 cups of rice left over and about 3/4 cup of the pork you saw me use last night for the Cuban sandwiches.  I just heated the pork with 2 TBS of butter and 1 TBS of taco sauce.  I added cumin, garlic and at tsp of chopped cilantro and a sqeeeze of lime juice.  I added 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer while my pizzas were in the oven.  Delicious.  Below is the pic of the pizzas.  I put lettuce on top of his pizzas, which he inhaled.
I

No comments: