Sunday, June 29, 2014

Eggs in a Basket

Christopher loves eggs in a basket from Cracker Barrell so I decided to try at home. 
I didn't have a circular biscuit cutter, but I did have a heart shaped cookie cutter.  The Hawaiian Sweet Bread people now make a loaf of bread, its amazing.  I use that for the bread.  Amazing. 

2 slices of of Hawaiian Sweet Bread
2 Eggs
1/2 Stick of butter
Salt and Pepper

Heat electric skillet to 350.  Using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut a hole in the middle of the bread.  Save the hole 
Keeping the paper around the butter as a handle, rub onto the griddle 
Place bread and cut outs into the butter and swirl around to absorb as much butter as possible. 
Crack egg inn the center of each piece of bread and allow to cook until just barely set on the bottom.  
Add more butter to the griddle and flip over.  Cook until bread is browned on the other side.  
You may have to adjust cooking time depending on how runny you want the egg yoke.  I like it to be a little runny so I allow the bread to toast for a few seconds before I add the egg.  

I served this particular delicacy with Cheese Grits and Bacon I made in the oven.  


No comments: