Sunday, January 18, 2015

I love NYC, baby!

 My cousin, Melody, lives in the NYC area and we go stay with her to visit and add to the tourism of that fine city.  Melody, owns her own business and normally isn't able to spend much time with us.  When I grow up, I wanna be like her.  She's a bad ass who doesn't take shit from anyone, but has such a caring side.  She's truly a wonderful person. 

Anyways, we have been there a few times so we did some different things we haven't had the extra time to do.  We were there the first week of December, I know....I'm way behind. 

The food in NYC is unbelievable.  We went to Chelsea Market, which for a foodie, is like Disney World. 

We wanted to sit down for lunch so we stumbled into this restaurant, Old Homestead, I think was the name of it.  It was a high end type place, which we didn't know.  She asked for the name my reservation was under.....uh, well I'm here.

 I had this beast of a burger.
It was delicious, don't get me wrong, but when you see what my Husband had, you will realize I was cheated. 

Christopher had this little stack here.  I know you think that the filet is really small, but the shrimp is really THAT big.  The bottom is a potato cake, topped w a filet and then topped with the biggest shrimp I have ever seen!  It was as big as a baby's arm!  He ate it with a knife and fork, true story!
This is me in Melody's condo in Hoboken, NJ.  I did my hair, it's rare, but it does happen. 


















We took a cooking class in Manhattan at Sur La Table.  It was remedial, but we had a great time, nonetheless.  Christopher can't make a pop tart, so it was perfect for him.  We were paired with another couple to help prep and take turns at the stove.  This is Christopher, cooking us up some scallops.  He did a fabulous job, as they were amazing! 

He was not too sure about what to do, he kept look at me asking if he needed to flip them yet. 
He was zesting a lemon and stopped for a pose.  This is too easy! 
It was my turn, I made the sauce for the scallops.  We had a really good time.  The instructors did a good job helping us. 
The finished product.  We made green beans with a vinaigrette, seared scallops with a finishing sauce, baked salmon with garbanzo beans and tomatoes. 

We would do it again! 

No comments: