Sunday, February 1, 2015

Italian Chicken

No big story here, I just needed to get dinner on the coffee table in front of the TV so I would have a happy husband.  It's not a very impressive meal at all really. 

Italian Chicken:
8 chicken breast tenders
2 cups Italian dressing

I marinated the chicken all day while I was at work.  I wanted to make some fancy smancy marinade for it, but I didn't have time and I threw it in a bag with the Italian dressing.  I use wishbone if I don't have time to make my own.  I was going to grill them, however, that is difficult when you realize you are out of propane.  Whoops!  Plan B!  I cooked 2 pieces of sausage as well, because I didn't know if the chicken would be enough to fill my honey's tummy.  I used the grease from that to cook the chicken.  I cooked it on pretty high heat, med high maybe?  It took maybe 8 minutes to cook them through.  I turned the heat to low and put a loose lid on it to keep them hot while I made the mashed potatoes and the crab. They tasted as delicious as they looked and were so tender.

Mashed potatoes are amazing.  I think russet potatoes make the absolute worst mashed potatoes.    I used yellow potatoes and added just a little roasted garlic, salt, pepper, cream cheese, butter (of course) and some half and half. Pretty simple.

Imitation Crab:
Melt about 1 TBS of butter over high heat, add the crab.  Season w salt and pepper, little garlic powder, and cook until starts to brown.  Took about 6 minutes.  We love real crab and imitation crab so I don't do much to it.  We love it just like it is.  You may not be so lucky, we have simple tastes. 

No comments: