Sunday, February 1, 2015

Steak House Dinner

My friend turned me onto this store called Fresh Fields Farm, it's directly from the farm. Cheaper, fresher and delicious-er! I bought pretty much everything you see here, with the exception of the sausage, from there.  Everything was delicious.  I'm still working on perfecting my steak doneness and texture, I haven't had much practice with it.  As you can see, we eat a lot of chicken! 

Filet:
Pull it out of the fridge about 30 mins prior to cooking.  Pat dry and season both sides w salt and pepper.
On high heat drizzle a little oil and sear one side of the stead for 3 minutes.  Don't touch it!  Flip and do the other side for 3 minutes.  Top w a pat of butter on top of each and throw in a 450 degree oven for 7 minutes.  Take it out and cover w foil for 10 minutes.  Sprinkle w parsley.

In that pan you just used I added 2 handfuls of sliced mushrooms, with a little garlic and chopped shallots. Sauté until soft, then deglaze with some wine.  Whatever you have.  I had a bottle of chardonnay already opened, go 2-3 circles around the pan and allow to reduce.

Scallops:
Heat butter on high heat in a pan.  Add scallops and allow to sear, takes just a few minutes on each side.  I just seasoned w salt and pepper....they were delicious!

Brussel Sprouts:
2 sausages links, cut into bite sized pieces
15 sprouts, cut in half, cleaned
salt and pepper

Over med high heat, brown the sausage.  I like it really brown, almost burnt. 
Once the sausage has a little color, add the brussel sprouts and continue to cook, stirring occasionally.  Season w salt and pepper, liberally!  Once they are to your desired doneness, eat um!
I like them soft, but not mush, this isn't broccoli. 

Dinner was delicious, my cut of meat was the "cheap one" so I got the nicer ones this shopping trip.  I'm going to try the broiler next time and see the difference. 

No comments: