Sunday, February 1, 2015

Metro Diner

Metro Diner is a little hole in the wall near downtown Jacksonville, about 30 minutes from where we live.  They have been featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  We have heard nothing but amazing things about it from our friends.  We decided to try....AMAZING!  My husband and I had the chicken and waffles.  The fluffiest, most delicious waffle ever.  We opted for tenders in lieu of the bone in chicken.  They serve it with a sweet and spicy sauce, which is syrup with a little hot sauce.  Sounds weird, but it was really good.  I was covered in syrup and hot sauce by the end of the meal.  I have a problem.  Our friends joined us, as well.  Eric had a breakfast burrito that was the size of his head and Kathryn had a breakfast pie.  It looked like a frittata, they both loved their meals as well.  I wish I had taken a picture before I began to devour my food, but I forgot so you are left with this. 

No comments: