Saturday, October 18, 2008

The "Dinner Party"


OK so I had 3 people coming over last night for dinner, and that turned into 7 people so I was Ms. Dinner Impossible. (you know, from the show) Anyways I had 3 hours to get to the store, clean my house, and cook for 7 people when I was prepared for 3. I had fun, im not gonna lie.





So we had:

Pasta Salad

2 boxes of Betty Croker's Classic Pasta Salad

Follow box in structions

Add about 3/4 cup of imitation crab meat to the mix and stir well

serve cold.
Everyone loved this and no one had a clue I used a box.....and I just let them go on thinking it was made from scratch!

Pork Ribs

These were a total flop. and by total flop I mean HORRIBLE. They tasted like you stuck ur tongue in a salt shaker! I don't know what really went wrong because I've made them like this before. I put cajun/creole seasoning and garlic powder on them and grilled. Yuck. But the chicken was a much better story.

Chicken Kabob-o's (yes, I addded the o because I can!)

I used 2 marinades and both of them I am pretty sure I got from AR.

Marinade Number One:
2/3 cup vegie oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup steak sauce (I was out so I used Kraft Sesame Ginger BBQ sauce)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
10 cloves garlic (chopped)

Marinade Number Two:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 TBS honey
2 TBS distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp ginger (I didn't have fresh so I used the sprinkle kind)
3/4 cup veggie oil
pepper (I crank the pepper thing until my hand gets tired, about 1/2 TBS or so.)

Both marinades are good. I would love to tell u which one I like better, but I alway end up mixing them up and I can't remember which one is which. I did made this marinade tonight and I hope to keep them separate tomorrow when I grill the kabob-o's. I'll letchya know tomorrow!

We also had stuffed shrooms (My feta stuffed ones), brown sugar smokies(from AR...aka crack on a stick), artichoke dip (I didnt' make this), and carrot cake (didn't make that either)

Oh and my brother bought some porterhouse steaks that he grilled. but I had NO part in that. Not how I roll.

No comments: