Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Dinner

Okay, so I told you that I would do the marinades again tonight and keep them separate...and I did!! Marinade Number 2 is way better in my opinion.

Also, remember those pork ribs I told you I butchered last friday? Member? Too salty. Well I couldn't stand to throw the $8.00 of ribs in the trash so I tried to salvage them today....success. I boiled them for about 15 minutes to try and get some of the saltyness off. Then I smothered them in Sesame Ginger BBQ (kraft) sauce and regrilled. They were actually really good.

Ok so had some more Feta Stuffed Mushrooms, because everyone likes them alot. AND the new recipe I made tonight is Mac 'n' Cheesee (yes 2 ee's because I can)

I also tossed some onions w/ Italian dressing and kabob-oed those as well. Didn't get a praise or complaint about them, so im not sure how they were.

7oz twisty macaroni
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups of milk
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup of sour cream
2 cups of cheese (1 cup italian style and 1 cup 4 cheese)

boil and cook macaroni until al dente

In a separate pot melt the butter completely then add the flour and stir continuously to blend.

once the flour/butter deal is turns golden brown gradually add the milk while whisking any lumpies out. Add the ground mustard and cayenne pepper.

bring that to a bubble (which is my word for almost boiling) and add the cheese then the pasta.

I then added the sour cream and some salt and peppa!


Christopher said he really liked it. Wasn't really my cup-a-tea, but im not a big mac 'n' cheese eater.

No comments: