Monday, October 6, 2008

Jalapeno Bacon Thingies (Pioneer Women)

Ok so I made those this past weekend for my football clan. They liked them, but like my feta cheese stuffed mushrooms better. I only made a sample of them for them to try, So I did not use the full recipe.



Jalapeno Bacon Thinkies (Pioneer Women)

3 whole Jalapenos
2 strips of bacon
about 3 tbs cream cheese



cut jalapenos in half lenghwise and take out seeds and membranes.

stuff inside of jalapeno w/ cream cheese

wrap w/ a piece of bacon

Heat in oven on 375 (I think) bake for about 25 mins.



The gang decided they like the mushrooms I make better. I am not sure of the exact mesurements but its something like this:


Feta Stuffed Shrooms
Pack of smaller white mushrooms

Crumbled Feta Cheese (1/2 cup to 3/4 depending on how big ur mushrooms are)

2 Tbs olive oil

dash garlic powder

dash of Cayenne pepper

Fresh ground Pepper



clean mushroom caps w/ a damp paper towel and remove stems. (discard)

burn cap side up and drizzle w olive oil and sprinkle w/ garlic powder, cayenne, and pepper (more or less depending on ur taste)

Stuff caps w/ Feta cheese and place cap side down on a baking sheet.

Bake at 375 for about 25 mins or until the mushrooms are tender.

The mushrooms are toooo simple to make and everyone likes them, even those who dont' like feta cheese. I once tried to replace the Feta w/ onion cream cheese and I was told they were "okay" but not as good as the Feta.

No comments: