Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breakfast Bowl...for dinner

This is a simple and easy breakfast or dinner that I make for us sometimes. Christopher really enjoys it and it doesn't take very long to make.

For Grits:
3/4 cup of grits
3 cups water
few good dashes of salt
1 cup (more or less for ur taste) cheese
2 TBS butter
pepper

combine grits, water and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiled turn heat down and let simmer until thick. Add cheese, butter, pepper and more salt if needed

Sausage: I buy the frozen sausage from walmart. Maple flavored. Heat in a pan for about 3-5 minutes per side. (I make 4 pieces for the two of us)

Eggs: Do I have to explain scrambled eggs? ok I will

2 eggs
2 TBS water
1TBS butter
salt & pepper

whisk eggs and water in a bowl
melt butter in a small skillet
add egg and well...scamble
add salt and pepper towards the end.

To Assemble:

Scoop generous amount of cheese grits into the bottom of a bowl. Top w/ 2 pieces of sausage and half eggs. This will make 2 breakfast bowls.

I sometimes change it up and use bacon, biscuits, etc. etc. Very yummy!

No comments: