Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chix Teriyaki

Ok so at first I thought I flopped this recipe until Sunnybyrd suggested I add some brown sugar. Why didn't I think of that. Anyways it was delicious when I added the sugar

2 chicken breast cut into chunks
2 TBS veg oil
2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup of Lowry's Teriyaki Sauce
8 oz can of pineapple chunks w/ juice
1 TBS soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger (would do more next time)
2 TBS brown sugar

11/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup water

Heat Oil and add chicken, sprinkle w/ garlic until no long pink (I put a lid on the pan so its not sooo tough)

add teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice and chunks, soy sauce, ginger, and brown sugar and let simmer.

Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl and add to the sauce, let simmer some more.

Serve over steamed rice.

I thought it was really good.

No comments: