Monday, November 10, 2008

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies


I got this recipe from my Taste of Home Cookbook. This is not my original recipe and believe it or not I did not alter it. (ONly cuz im not a baker)

1 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Filling
1/2 cup creamy PB
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5-6 tbs milk (I had to use a little more)

in a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, PB and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture

Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 in apart on ungreased baking sheets (I greased mine). flatten to 3/8 in thickness w/ a fork. Bake 375 for 7-8 mins (took me about 10-12) remove to wire racks and cool.

Filling: In a large mixing bowl beat the PB, confectioners sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on half of the cookies and top w. another.


***I put the filling in a sandwich bag and pipped it onto the cookies. These were pretty goood. I made them for my neighbors birthday.

Also for this party I made some Bean Dip. A friend of mine in High School taught me how to make this. I have altered it slightly, but the basic recipe is the same deal. We used to eat this about once a week (at least) in art class w/ Mr. B. He was an odd duck!

1 package of cream cheese
1 can hormel chili w/ beans
1 bag of taco (or just cheddar) cheese
Dash of Cayenne
Dash of hot sauce (more of less of those last to...whatever u like)

You can either:

A. Layer cream cheese then chili (add ur dashes here) then cheese on top and bake for about 20 mins at 350. OR

B. Thrown all of it in a pot and heat until melted well. OR

C. Do B and throw it in the crock pot.

It all taste the same to me I think.

No comments: